Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 107 and counting!

Yippee!  The first day of treatment down, and only 35 more to go. (of course there is still the 60 or so days of recovery after that but still!)  Based on my earlier schdeule of allowing 150 days from surgery, I now have only 107 to go! 

Today was long but easy--no panic attack in the mask, no nausea with the chemo.  Based on today's experience and conversations with the nurses, it is likely that I will feel pretty good for most of this week . . .I may have some break through nausea next week but should still feel ok with the right medicines on board and MAY even feel well into week three!  Jason was in in clinic with me today and Mom arrived to be my partner for the rest of the week.  The meals you guys  signed up for are so appreciated, we start radiation at 7:30 and get out of chemo after 4:00 . .  . then Charlotte traffic to contend with--long day!

I will post again soon.  Thanks for checking in! 

4 comments:

  1. Tammy - way to stay positive, you are an ispiration. So glad your mom is with you the rest of the week. Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, Jason and Charlie,
    This week has finally come to begin treatments.

    I am back from NY if you need rides this Friday and all next week!! Any time.

    Love the photo of your Mom, you and Maria!!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, We will pray these next 107 days fly by for you and are soon a distant memory. Take care!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tam,

    I'm glad it's going as well as you might hope so far. I'll check in with you soon.

    Love,
    Toby

    ReplyDelete