Wednesday, July 8, 2009

105 . . . !

Just wanted you all to know that the chemo/radiation combo week continues to go extremely well--due in no small part to my amazing husband who is managing all my stuff at home, my extraordinary chemo partner (otherwise known as MOM!), all my neighbors who are bringing me dinner and checking in on me, Charlie's terrific Dad who is hanging out with him all week, the cool oncology nursing staff and RT therapists, and those of you who comment here, send cards, voice mails  and emails!  Thank you!  I love hearing from you all.  

So far, we are managing the nausea quite well with meds, though the BM issue has become . . . well, an issue . . . again.  My mouth is dryer than usual but not a problem at all, still able to eat, swallow, and talk normally. All and all I feel FAR better than I expected to, though both docs continue to warn me about the dreaded "week 4".  But, for now, I will get through week 1 and plan to drive myself to treatments on week 2. I will let you know about week 3! Stay tuned for more pictures over the weekend!  

8 comments:

  1. Tammy - I'm so glad that week one is going well. Let's pray it stays this way the whole time. You are doing a great job! That positive attitude is helping you so much. Love ya, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, so glad to hear that so far so good with the treatments. I had to laugh when reading the post about how to gain weight. Those are all the things I'm cutting out of my diet! Yes, middle age seems to have found me this past year. You go to your annual check up trying to be health smart and find out oops somehow those pounds have found a way to your hips and thighs. Ugh!
    I've been thinking about you lately and praying that this goes as quickly as possible. I'm so glad that your mom, friends and family are taking good care of you. Charlie's take on your treatments made me smile, snake posion and light sabers, out of the mouth of babes! Keep hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, what great news! I have been thinking about you all week and am so glad things are going well. One week down--awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy,
    Your attiude says it all - you are the most positive person I know. Keep smiling, and countng down the days until the whole thing is behind you - it won't be long..
    The gaining weight program - I have a few tips too that I have practiced religiously just in case you're having a hard time. Be glad to share my secrets with you :) I love you kid, keep up the great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweet Tammy, just want to send you some love and encouragement for week two. Also, have you met my boyfriends Ben and Jerry? They can help with the weight and cheer you up simultaneously! Love, Miss Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, Jason and Charlie,
    Love to hear about the team work that you are all putting forward to making this work for ALL of you!!!

    You have a tremendous support system- remember to keep reaching out to people that have offered!
    Love, April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammy, hope you are doing OK. Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy,
    Thinking about you in Week Three!!!
    Will be back next week if you need rides.
    More importantly will be paying you a long
    over due visit!!!
    Love April

    ReplyDelete