Monday, August 3, 2009

The beginning of the end . . . .

Hello all--

Today, August 3rd, is the first day of my last week of chemo!! --the beginning of week 5 of treatment. Week 4 went well and while my side effects definitely increased (more mucous, increased gag reflex and other equally charming things) they were still not nearly as bad as I had anticipated.  All my doctors are thrilled at how well I am doing and at how well I am tolerating the therapies.  My sister, Mariea is in town to be my chemo partner through Wednesday and then Jason will do the last 2 days with me on Thursday and Friday.  Much to my dismay, radiation is cancelled on Friday because they are doing a software upgrade to the laser . . . so my graduation day has been postponed to Wednesday August 19th.  21 down and 11 to go--two thirds of the way through!  

For anyone bringing food, you can definitely cut down on the quantities now!  I am still able to swallow but mostly, liquids, or soft, REALLY bland foods with no seasonings.  (not the yummy flavorful things you've been making for me!) Thanks so much though for taking care of my boys! It is really appreciated (and after being in treatment with me from 7-5, my sister appreciates not having to cook!)!  It is so humbling to have such remarkable friends and neighbors.  You guys rock!  

That's all for today . . .if I get a chance to write tomorrow I will tell you all about stale snacks and layered haircuts and why I am grateful that I don't have to worry about either! Thanks for checking in on me. Have a blessed day. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is great that the end is in sight! I'm so glad you are doing better than expected. Your fight, determination, and prayers are getting you through this. Can't wait until your post says 'it's over'! Lia

    ReplyDelete