Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The scan . . .

Sorry sorry sorry!  I know I got you addicted to checking on me here and then I didn't post yesterday about the CT scan of the liver.  Again, sorry!  The scan results were actually very good but . . .inconclusive. They found 3 small areas in the liver that raised some concerns but none that appeared to be "evidence of metastatic disease".  This is great news about the current cancer but of course the radiologist is not willing to call it "just nothing" so he has recommended another scan - -an MRI-- that we are trying to schedule on Friday.  

I did get the stitches out, not that it matteredd much,  the incisions look exactly the same--only the little black threads are missing.  Last night I just felt terrible. No real explanation for it, a little, groggy, a little dizzy, a little sad, a little tired,  a little hungry . . . .nothing really wrong but nothing really right so I laid on the sofa from after dinner until time for bed. (that's why no blog post) This morning I feel a TON better.  I guess some days are like that.  I will try to post again later today but that's the quick update!  Thanks for checking on me!   

7 comments:

  1. Hi Honey, I thought about you all day yesterday. Thank you for the update, and yes, it is a bummer that the results were inconclusive. Waiting is difficult for most of us, especially people who feel better when they are taking action. You are dealing with a huge issue, and you will probably have good days and bad days. Share your feelings with a friend or loved one, and know that you are never alone. You are loved and we are all rooting for you! Please never hesitate to get in touch with me to complain, vent, cry, laugh, whatever! Hang in there sweetie! OXOXOX Miss Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, so glad you're feeling better today!!! I've been checking this here blog of yours regularly and am so glad to see the "liver update". That is promising news although I know you want to hear the definitive results NOW and not have to drag it out until Friday. Hang in there!

    Sloan started talking about Charlie this past weekend. Out of the blue he said "Julie, you know who is the funniest Gateway Boy? It's that Charlie Sparks!" So cute -- and not just because he's taken to calling me Julie rather than Mommy and Morgan rather than Daddy!

    If you need any help picking up Charlie from school or any other activities, please let me know. I'd be happy to help out. Maybe he can come over to swim at the neighborhood pool some weekend soon with Sloan and Gage. They'd have a blast.

    (Work should be more productive today now that I don't have to worry quite so much about your liver and keep checking for blog updates!)

    You take care,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy,
    I called you this morning and you did not answer, so I went to the blog and got the update. Call me if you want to talk.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there!! Thanks for the update. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Love and prayers, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All! For all of you remote, Karen Vance & I got a chance to visit Tammy & her mom- Vicky today and she looks great! Tired but to be expected. After having surgery 10 days ago, her stitches look like they are healing nicely.

    She still has a long journey ahead of her but off to a great start.

    We in this for you, Charlie and Jason for the long haul!!

    Love,
    April Blasier Beckman

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to get your update. Sorry to hear they are inconclusive, but better than bad results. We are praying hard for you. I'm expecting you will have good and bad days, and feel free to talk about it all you want. Hugs and kisses to you all. Love, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Call me when you are up to it. I love your blog updates, you should write a book! We got an offer today on 71! But we did not get a sell! I will give you all the details later. "I" turned it down if that tells you anything!!
    I miss you and cant wait to talk! Glad to hear that the opinion on the "L" thing is good news and cant wait to have a sigh of relief with you on Friday! HUGS, KISSES, AND LOTS OF LOVE!! Holly

    ReplyDelete