Monday, January 18, 2010

Thank you . . .

 . . .for all the wonderful birthday wishes. 45! Wow, where does the time go? I swear that it was just last year that I turned 32. It was a very low key birthday---nice to spend time out with friends for dinner on Friday night at Mac's and to have Saturday and Sunday off!  As a special treat, they moved my treatment time to noon today so I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get into Charlotte--almost felt like a real long weekend. 

On a much sadder note, I would like to thank all of you who have kept my Uncle Tommy and Aunt Chris in your prayers and asked me often  about her progress.  Chris lost her battle with lung cancer on Sunday morning--- though not unexpected, it was extremely sudden. She had been feeling relatively well, was back here in the states, and looking forward to settling in to their new home. She had several seizures on Thursday and Friday and then a final one on Saturday night/Sunday morning. We will have a service tomorrow evening and then, a burial in Holland--something she wanted very much.  

Again, thank you for your prayers, and for continuing to check in on me here, I continue to feel well, to be skinny, to be impatient for these oxygen treatments to be over, and to be grateful for all the people who love and care about me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment