Friday, November 13, 2009

Since you asked . . .

Alas, my biggest score in Vegas was with my husband :). . . and I'm certainly not complaining about that! 

We had a great time. I played some tournament poker (badly) but had a ton of fun, saw the underwater Cirque show, "O" at the Bellagio-remarkable! and had an amazing dining experience (even without being able to taste a lot of it) at Craftsteak, Tom Colicchio's (from Top Chef!) restaurant-- broke the bank and ordered the tasting menu (because . . you never know what might stand out to me) . . .4 appetizers, 3 meat dishes, 3 sides including a plate with 4 different kinds of mushrooms, and 4 desserts, one with 2 flavors of gelato and one with 4 different kinds of fruit! By my count, 21 different things to taste not including the rolls or drinks! The mushroom dish was a favorite of mine, the Kobe fillet stood out for Jason . . . I would recommend the experience to anyone who has a spare mortgage payment lying around . . .the service was phenomenal!

Regarding the job, it's great to be back (though I still wish I didn't have to work on weekends!)--check out the cool article in the Charlotte Observer Home section tomorrow (11/14) about our new smaller home plans and about being the ONLY home builder in the nation to ever win the National Housing Quality Gold Award twice!

That's all for now . . .1/2 hour left of Friday the 13th and no calamities to speak of!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you took a special trip to celebrate LIFE! And hoping that normalcy has mostly resumed. Blessings for continued good health! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hey Friend!"
    You've greeted me so many times with those words that whenever I hear it today, my thoughts immediately jump to you.

    Unfortunately the years have put some distance between us and it looks like life has dealt you a difficult hand while I've been gone.

    I hope we can reconnect again, my friend. Take care of yourself!

    Joe Fan
    joefan@joe-fan(dot)com

    ReplyDelete